BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Crappy Birthday to me!

Well, it was a day of ups and downs in the end. My car decided to give up the ghost - I just bought it 3 months ago and the head gasket and the alternator decide to go at the same time!!! We sat in the car in the pouring rain, with a car full of booze (hee hee, birthday celebration booze) and a completely flat battery. This of course made the BF loose it big time...if he could have picked up the car, he'd have thrown it through a window. Not a good start to the evening. I was supposed to be doing a craft fair in the next county the next day, and he flat refused to let me go in the car. Later when the family came round, Dad offered me his car for the next day, which I gratefully accepted (hell, I definately needed the money now to get the car fixed!) The next day I was up bright and early (curse you, insomnia) and despite the lack of sleep, travelled to a small village in the middle of nowhere. I say travelled, actually I drove round and round in a circle for what seemed like hours before I found the place. It was a fairly successful day, though not as good as the previous year. I drove back struggling to keep my eyes open, I stopped several times on the way home and got out of the car to try and keep myself awake. I had a gang of mates arriving for Birthday booze-up later, so after a dinner of chip shop chips, (unheard of for me, but I was too tired to make myself anything healthy) I was just about up for it! Never mind, I've got Christmas coming to make up for it!
Anyway, I got some lovely pressies in the end, I'll post some piccys when I get a minute.

0 comments:

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)