BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Painting potty! (swap spoiler alert)

The weather has become more sultry over the past week, alternating between scorching hot blue skies and tempestuous clouds. We've had thunder and lightning, gale-like winds, sudden and speedy monsoon downpours and beautiful sunsets. No time for sunbathing, no long and balmy days uninterrupted gardening and no light sheen of sweat adorning my body most becomingly *lol* I love the heat, sunshine how we doth adore thee...with my medical history, sunshine may not exactly be the best thing for me, but the heat certainly makes things more comfortable ...I like being able to feel my extremities, I like to move around unencumbered by layers of clothing and I like to be able to touch someone without them exclaiming on the coldness of my hands! My INR however is lower than it has been for almost a year, dangerously low in fact, and I'm back to weekly testing and ultra high dosage. I can't work out whether this is due to my current diet which is high in vitamin K rich foods like salad and chickpeas, or whether it's down to the increase in sunshine and my recent inactivity, but last summer my anti-cardiolyphid antibodies kicked off in precisely conditions like this although there was considerable more stress involved this time last year. Anyway, let's not linger on negative thoughts like that, my blood clotting levels may be dangerously low, but I am being tested weekly and I'm having my meds adjusted accordingly, so things should be okay.

Well, at least with the cooler weather the cats have reappeared from their garden haunts, Keilo is back on the window ledge and Pippin is on the sofa. I've been alot more productive. There's been housework done which I'd been putting off because it was so hot. I've been painting like a demon...

It’s for my Hippy Swap partner so I hope she's not looking! I also made her an embroidered flower hanging...

It’s a flower, different colours on each side, embroidered and embellished with sequins in each centre. Then I strung beads on each side (top and bottom), and hung ribbons at the bottom to flutter gently in the breeze.

These are destined for sale in my eBay shop if you fancy having a look....

This would be lovely to burn a tea light candle in, or just as a trinket/coin dish…

And this would be a great ring pot to keep in your bedroom, or by the sink…

This is an oil burner/diffuser; you put a tea light candle in the base, then put some water and essential oils in the glass bowl and place it over the candle-light. The oils will then diffuse into the room and fill the room with scent. I love the shape of the base, so unusual!

I've also been reconning some t-shirts; I don't like crew neck shirts, so I’ve been recutting them to be more comfortable, then zigzag stitched round the neckline to be more stable, otherwise cut t-shirts have a habit of growing! I have a work one in the pile to do shortly; we have to wear a recognisable t-shirt when we staff summer school trips...we have groups of very young people for the summer school this year, the youngest is 12 years old!

The latest girlie get together involved the consuming of cake and sangria, the painting of nails and bouncing wildly on a trampoline!

 

Hope your week’s been as fun as mine!

 

 

4 comments:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

It sounds like you're having a blast! hehe Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I like yours so much I think I'll stay! ;)

zombiecazz said...

Love the mushroom painted one. Looks fab

Yarndancer said...

Much as I complain about the heat, it sounds like it's a great thing for you - sending lots of sunshine wishes your way! :) Hope your blood levels get sorted out soon.

I love all the items you've made! They're gorgeous!

Alexandra said...

I love the painted pots! Beautiful!

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)