BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Snoods and scrubs

Again I have been a busy girl! The weekend saw me attack the back garden, even going as far as to move the composter - a job which I have been putting off for a while! It now sits on the front drive beside the recycling bins, which is a much better place for it as it means that the kitchen scraps can be taken straight outside and popped in there rather than in the 'brown' garden recycling bin. Our kitchen is at the front of the house, so if I wanted to recycle kitchen scraps, I had to trudge them through the house and navigate the 'dogs area' in the garden - anyone with a dog will know what I mean - he has a small area to use for his business and I admit that in the winter, it doesn't get cleared as often as it sould, and the composter was at the back of this area! Now it's not, it's hidden behind a box laurel!
In between times, I managed to finish a couple of snoods for Karan (ZaftigMomma) and made her some sugar scrub! I was really pleased how the snoods came out, I had never tackled one before. (No piccys till she gets them though! I have just popped them in the post and am now ready to tackle Catpants Swiffer pad, which will be a washable cover for a floor mop thingy I think! *lol* I also made a couple of bits for Phantomssirens for the POTC swap - I'm having great fun with this swap!
The BF is trawling round the agencies, I hope he gets something soon!


Edited to add photos of the snoods coz Karans received them now! I particularly like the black one, it spirals out from the centre in a mandala style pattern! I added little star beads to the ends of the ties :-)

3 comments:

Laural said...

Wow you are smoking! I'm still trying to finish up the HP swap! I read and forgot to comment but once again your glass work is gorgeous! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for your BF!

Unknown said...

'morning G : )
I added pics of Linzos bag. I can't wait until she gets it! Glad the Craftster problem isn't just me..paranoid lol
I gotta agree with Laurals comment, your glass is beautiful, Matt and I were looking at your ebay site and he would've bought loads of stuff if we could.[sorry, but this is why I don't let him have his bank card ; ) ]
Hope you and M are having a good weekend so far.

Samsara said...

Aw, thanks Guys! *blushes*

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)