BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 29, 2008

Back to Hogwarts




The next Harry Potter swap has sucked me in - 'Because we miss Harry Potter' kicks off the 1st of March - Whooppee!!




I have sort of warmed up with the FOC Secret Swap; my stalkee was the totally awesome Sevsonlygirl and she has now received her package from me - Phew! She said she liked it, so I'm quite relieved. Stalking the galleries is no good for your blood pressure when you're waiting for your partner to receive. And of course, if you know Sevs, you know that she's a huge HP fan (okay, a huge Snape fan!), so I did make her a FBB in Slytherin colours to celebrate her passion for the one and only Severus Snape. I resisted the temptation to go all out HP for the FOC swap, but it was hard!


I'm actually co-organising the HP swap with the totally amazing Superhooker - well, she's doing the majority of the work at this point, I'll be doing the gallery and sending/receiving side of things. I can't wait to get started, I have a few ideas already! I can maybe get started on the non-house specific things....I'm watching the Goblet of Fire on the movie channel at the moment and I'm really coveting a Quidditch style hoodie with 'Ginny' or 'Weasley' on the back! I'll have to see if I can find a dark red hoodie somewhere. I've been watching all the films consecutively for ideas - I haven't made it to the OOTP yet, but I'm nearly there. I'm also replaying the Deathly Hallows on my mp3 player :-) I love the bit where Snapes Patronus reveals his true love...ahhh...old magic....it bought a lump to my throat :-)



Oh yes, I got my new camera! Hurray! I'll be snap happy for a while at least! I'm still working on the dress; the bodice is now done and I'm sewing the skirt panels together at the moment. More piccies tomorrow when I've not had anything to drink *lol*

It's windy here; not the sort of earthquaky sort of feeling of Tuesday night, but still, very windy....

1 comments:

Kasia said...

Happy to hear that the swap is going well! I love the picture of the kitty, I think I saw it before on icanhascheezburger.com but with different text :D Love your adapttion though!

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)