BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hogwarts Robes






So this is what I have been doing for the past two days! I'm not quite finished yet, but it's pretty much finished. I'm in two minds as to whether to hem it or not. That's really the only thing left to do and really, as my swap partner is taller than me, I think I might leave it so she can hem it to her preferred length. Also, every item of clothing I've ever sewn has ended up slightly crooked, so I'm abit afraid of cocking it up at the last minute *lol* I'm quite pleased with the way the robes have ended up, it's probably the biggest project I've ever done on my lil Brother!
I really hope she likes them! I haven't even posted them yet and I'm experiencing swap anxiety! *lol* I think it's because this project is outside my usual crafting comfort zone - I'm okay with smaller sewing projects, but bigger projects and clothing terrify me. It would have been easier with a dressmakers dummy, I must get one someday! I have a Slytherin patch to sew on it it still.
They kind of remind me of my graduation robes! Swooshing about in them earlier brought back some memories! My Graduation Ball was the night before the Graduation Ceremony (yeah, I know, what great timing eh?), so I'd had about 2 hours sleep and had an almighty hangover all through the ceremony! *lol* Ah yes, fond memories of a mispent youth :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The robes are looking GOOOOD :) I know what you mean with the swap anxiety, I think everyone suffers! It doesn't look like you have any need to worry though.

Samsara said...

Thanks Karan!

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)