BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Keeping a stiff upper lip!

As from Friday, the BF is looking for work again! Life never seems to go smoothly for us. I'm not going to going on about it too much, but I'm sure I will mention it again until he finds something. I think we're both in denial at the moment. We went into town yesterday as he had a contact lens appointment, and spent a nice day wandering round the charity shops (didn't really buy much though) but we did have a swift, no actually, it was a long leisurely one in a pub garden. The sun was shining, and the beer and wine were chilled to perfection and it was lovely just to escape for a bit!

This will mean more insomnia for me though! Still, I can be productive even when I can't sleep! I finished my anthropologie inspired capelet, which is not so much of a capelet any more as it reaches just below my waist! *lol* I really love it! There's quite a few modifications to the original pattern though - it's longer, it's knit side out, I put a plaited tie at the neck instead of a button and I added a couple of rows of stocking stitch under the ribbing to make it curl a little!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW I LOVE IT!! perfect little cover up for the April- can't make its mind up- weather : )

Samsara said...

Thanks Karan :-)
Even better when you consider it was made of scraps of yarn, not really long enough for anything else! *lol*

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)