As part of the mushroom swap I've been doing, I whipped up these little beauties to make a pair of earrings with. I partially mixed a brown with a copper to give an almost mokume gane like appearance. The stalk is translucent clay. I made the bails and pushed them in before I fired them, so they're nice and snug!
And at the same time I made some beads and covered a pen. For a change I decided not to try to make the holes in the beads pre-baking, but to try drilling them after. Sometimes with small beads, they split as you're making the holes, and I thought that firing them might avoid that. The drill bit I have is just a little bit too big for these beads though, so I'm going to get some smaller bits and have another go at these.
Unfortunately the pen didn't survive though. It's a shame, it looked lovely before it was fired. I think it's because I used a clear Bic pen, I hear that the opaque pens have a higher melting point and are much more successful for covering with polyclay. I just can't seem to find the opaque pens anywhere local though. Maybe I should have a hunt round the office supply places.
I finally got round to making a necklace with the beads I made at my friends a few weeks ago. I mixed the lamp-worked beads that I made with some lamp-worked beads purchased at Hobbycraft and some purple cats eye beads. There are some seed beads with them too to stop it being really heavy.
I've finished all my OWS packages and have them ready to post tomorrow. I forot to take final photos of the animal eared pantas, but I think we can use our imagination there. Karan's package is all done and I'll post piccies of that after she's received it, and the other thing was this candle burner for Sajona. I hope she likes it.
Okay, I'm off now to decide what to knit with my newly acquired stash. Hopefully the weather'll be a little nicer this week; I want the sun back!