BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Set the date...

We now have a date for the funeral; 12 o'clock 10th of June, just send a happy thought our way then if you can. I've spent the last few days with Mum, my bruv and sis, trying to sort stuff out. We've finally had an official document from France which is not exactly a death certificate, but as close as we'll get, so we need to get a formal translation and then we'll be able to start all the bureaucratic stuff. We talked to the funeral directors yesterday and I was able to spend a little time with Dad in the Chapel of rest (I wasn't able to say my goodbyes to him before now). Today we've spent some time with the parish priest discussing the order of mass and stuff. We've also had a ton of visitors, cards, flowers and things. We've kept our spirits up by playing my sis's Wii and being quite irreverent at times; it works for us.
I've made a small progress on my BPT hoodie, it's looking quite good. I'm impressed with my first attempt at cables.
Thursday night (the last time I was home), I felt the urge to do a little spinning and I managed to spin alot more of this blue, green and purple yarn.

I even worked out how to ply on my drop spindle and made this gorgeous silver ply yarn. I set the twist and it's been drying over the last day or two. It's a bit thick and thin in places but I love that homespun look.


Then tonight I knitted it up in some gorgeous 5mm clear needles that have a blue twist running through them. Aren't they fab? I got them free with a magazine in this cute needle holder.

What do you think? It's for my sisters birthday which is on Thursday. I'm gonna make a sort of clutch bag from it. I like the multi-coloured metallicy shiny look. I think I'll make a nice brooch detail to decorate it with, and perhaps a zip. I'm also thinking about a little bit of jewellery - a girl can never have enough jewellery.

And todays gratuitous 'kitteh' shot....here's Keilo making a nest in M's bike cover.


1 comments:

tasket basket said...

I'm glad you have a date and that you are getting the bureaucratic stuff sorted out. And irreverent is good at times. ;)

Your yarn is gorgeous and the purse looks wonderful. What a lovely and thoughtful present. And there is nothing cuter than a nesting kitty! Yours is adorable.

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)