Well, the BF returned on Wednesday morning. The job turned into a completely different job to the one he took. He took one that required 2 weeks away training, with his own local-ish area to cover after that, and maybe a couple of nights away a month, which he believed he could handle. It suddenly became 4 weeks away training, and he would be covering the whole country meaning at least a couple of nights away per week. So he is again looking for week after deciding that this job was not for him. He gets homesick very quickly. I though we might be able to get straight for a change *sigh* I meanwhile, have been doing the most boring job in the world. Invigilation. In a stuffy room full of teenagers for hours at a time. Not able to read, or knit, or anything but watch them scribbling away. I snuck my mp3 player in a couple of times and hid the earphone lead amongst my hair. *I love having long hair*. Having said that I caught a cheat the other day. She had scientific equations written on the palm of her hand. Silly silly girl. She will get a zero for this exam and risks being banned from all examinations by that Board.
I received my parcel from Rain this week for the End of Harry Potter Swap . Such gorgeous goodies including a Gryffindor quilt! *Squeels* Click on the link for piccies of the fabulous things she sent me! I feel like I've been waiting forever for these and had almost given up hope. I was convinced some muggle had got their sticky mitts on it!
This week I've been constructing! I've been after an A4 deckle and frame for ages. I found one on eBay for about £18, but there was no way I was paying that for one. So like any good Craftster, I made my own.
The wood cost me about £1.20 from B&Q. The net curtain was free - I found it in a suitcase dumped by a fly-tipper, so I took it home and washed it - eco and economically friendly. Total cost - £1.20. I cut the wood into lengths, hot-glued it together as I didn't have any wood-glue, and stapled the joins for extra secureness. Then I stapled a piece of net to one of the frames. I plan to soak some paper and have a bash at some bigger sheets of paper this week!
I also fancied a bottom whorl spindle. I hear they're easier than top whorls, and the one I have is a little light weight. It won't spin on it's own and wants to spin back the other way immediately. Anyway, I hot glued 2 CD's together and then hot glued them onto a piece of dowling. I carved a point on one end and a groove on the other. I painted it too, but I haven't quite finished decorating it, so no pictures of the finished spindle till I'm done. You can however, look at the unpainted spindle.