Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Board with this....

I'm still waiting for some digital scales so I can embark on the cold process soap making, so here's a picture of the body butter I made at the weekend. I've used it a couple of times and it's lovely!
I finally finished my backgammon board. All the little triangles have been stitched on, the board outline has been defined with embroidery silk, and I backed the whole thing with another sheet of felt.
I attached it with a decorative running stitch around the outside. I sewed small beads onto the board to remind us how many counters and where they went (I always forget after a glass of wine *lol*) I attached two thin ribbons onto the back so that the board could be rolled up for easy storage. Now I need to make the game pieces.

Here's where I am with my fan stitch shrug. I've now completed the upper back and this is halfway through the front right side. Those aren't holes there, it's just where I poked the hook through to stop it rolling about earlier! Bad habit, I know!




101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)