BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

To play with clay...

...is one of my favourite games! I had the luxury of dabbling with fimo all day today. I broke it out in order to make the pieces for my travel backgammon game and just carried on with it. You'll all be pleased to know that the game is now finished! Yay! I went with magical star shapes for the pieces with a spiral motif. You can't tell in the photos but the fimo is sparkly :-)
To carry on with the HP theme, I had a Bertie Botts Beans bag which I decided would be just the thing to keep the pieces in *lol* They'll be going in the caravan ready for the first financially viable weekend away!
I found this old hip flask on Freecycle (it was inscribed with some personal message) and decided to pretty it up with some fimo canework. I made a daisy motif which I reduced down and applied to the flask. Luckily hip flasks have a sort of raised rim edge which served as a perfect frame for the fimo. It's been fired on now, I just need to sand it down and buff it and it'll be better than new.
I also covered the handle of this crochet hook with a cats face canework because, let's face it, crochet hooks can be pretty boring, especially these grey metal ones. I plan to recon most of my hooks eventually. I love how it turned out!
I embellished my wand with gold Fimo too, but boring Blogger will only let you upload so many photos in one go, so I'll probably save that one for tomorrow *lol*
The BF has several job interviews in Milton Keynes tomorrow, so I'm going to go with him and look round the shopping centre and market. Hopefully I'll find some bargains. Then we have tickets for the Order of the Pheonix at the pictures! Woohoo! Should be a good day! Keep your fingers crossed for the BF.

2 comments:

Laural said...

Everything is lovely! I hope that the movie was good. I probably won't see it for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is actually great. Keep posting that way.

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)