BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bottle Holders and Skeins

Sunday was so lovely that I was determined to enjoy the sunshine outside, and as M and his mates seemed to be watching the 'Big Game' and other various sports TV, I decided to crochet a bottle holder for this big sports water bottle that I was given free in town last year. I've never used it because it's a litre bottle and too big to hold comfortably in my hand (I'm cursed with tiny pixie hands *lol*). I figured if I had a holder for it I would use it. I wanted something that would have a wide-ish strap that would be adjustable so I could wear it across my body, or on my shoulder or even as a hand length. This is what I came up with. I used purple and pink DK weight acrylic together and a large hook. I crocheted a circle large enough for the base, then carried it on up the sides in sc. I did a couple of dc rows for pattern near the top, finished it in a crab stitch for a nicely chunky edge and crocheted the strap lengthways for strength. I added a couple of d-rings to the other side.



I've been using it for work for the last couple of days. It works really well and is comfortable to wear. I had a few comments about it too.

These are the stitchmarkers I made for DragonsMuse. She wanted a semi-gothy purple colour theme, so these are a lovely purple and silver and she will be able to use them for knitting and crochet.

I posted them today along with the Halloween Jack beanie. Hopefully Royal Mail not withstanding, she will get them soon. I also posted Karan's Cheer up goodie box. It had to go second class in the end, but I really hope she likes it all!


I haven't mentioned the spinning for a while. I finished the mystery fleece the other day - well, I still have loads of the fleece left, but I had spun all I could on my Celtic spindle, which I'm thinking of calling Tailtiu after the Celtic goddess of nature btw. So I wound it onto my niddy noddy (made from an old broom handle *lol*) and set the twist. Then I hung it on the washing line to dry, weighted by hanging the niddy noddy from the other end. I haven't decided if I want to dye it yet. I probably will because then I'll be more likely to wear whatever it is I make from it. And I want to have a go at this Kool-Aid lark!

I'm already spinning the next skein on my cd spindle. I have this urge to call this spindle Kylie (I'm spinning around...) but I may settle for Enya *lol* I haven't decided yet.


I have a really easy sock pattern in a knitting magazine so if this skein comes out okay, I may give it a go *gulp* The pattern I'm looking at has no heel so it should be an easy one to start off on. I love the colours in this skein!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW GINNY you're spinning has come on a treat!! I haven't touched my spindle recently, I have the crochet bug now instead LOL I can't wait to see what you make from your very own homespun yarn : )

Samsara said...

*lol* I think you have a touch of craft ADD too, like me :-)

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)