BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ginny's Ginny Hat!

After my slight deviation from my yarn diet which we will mention no more, I've been making some good progress with my Ginny Weasley Hat from the Goblet of Fire film. I finished it last night, after frogging it back once to add another layer of ridges. This colour suits me much better than some of the acid oranges I've seen out there, acrylic oranges seem particularly nasty. *lol*
Here's the front view modelled by my disembodied head Zha'an (any Farscape fans out there?). The side bow hangs just at ear level and looks so cute! As you have probably noticed, I'm quite a hat girl, I have loads of them (I think I'm addicted) and as hats go, the wilder the better. Hats mostly suit me, so I get away with it.

You can see how the top of the hat comes up into a little pixie point. I don't know if the original goes, I can't remember, I'll stick the film on sometime and check! You can see the bow better here too.

I don't think the original has the ties on the other side either, but I think they balance it and they almost look like ringlets. I love roll-y brim hats, they're somehow a little more flattering than a ribbed edge, don't you think?

I made something with my first skein! Here it is all rolled up ball like, ready to use.

It was my little brother's birthday last Friday, so I crocheted him a bowl, which I then felted in the washing machine. Unfortunately I forgot to take an after photo.

After the inevitable teasing, (sometimes even family members don't quite 'get' what is so special about a gift like this - I mean, my first yarn, handspun, crocheted and felted by me!) he said he liked it and was going to keep his loose chain, etc in it!. I also gave him a decent bottle of red wine too, so it wasn't like he was hard done by!


I thought he'd prefer the more natural colour!

0 comments:

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)