BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Getting on my soap box

Look what I got!!! A soap mould! I drew a quick tech drawing of what I wanted and gave it to one of the woodwork instructors at work and he knocked it up for me with a couple of clients. It's made of beech wood and when I asked how much I owed him, he said nothing as the wood was just some scrap he had around. I love it and can't wait to test run it! The measurements are 4" x 4" x 12" so I should get a few bars from this. The ice-cream cartons I've been using as moulds just didn't cut the mustard *lol*





It has straight sides and I'll probably line it with cling film when I pour into it. That'll help the soap to come out again. I'm thinking about making a mould out of a drain pipe cut in half. I'll have to think about how that will work.


I made some cards and stitch markers for LindsayLuu. I went with a vintage theme, so there are 3 with a vintage camera on mounted onto handmade paper. (Onion paper and tea paper.)

And 3 with a vintage fountain pen design, also mounted on handmade paper.

I stamped the back with my name stamp made for me by Hyedie in the mushroom swap.

The stitch markers are vintage green pearl beads with old gold and bronze accent beads.

Again, these markers are multi-functional, Lindsay should be able to use these for both knitting and crochet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

BAH!! you jammy bugger : p

Samsara said...

*lol*

About

Labels

101 (2) ABC (4) art (7) ATC's (1) Baking (12) bath (3) beads (30) belly dancing (32) Birthday (22) Books (17) candles (3) Chinese New Year (4) circus (1) clothing (34) crafts (177) crochet (102) crystals (2) Drawing (5) eco (8) family (31) felt (25) festivals (10) fimo (14) friends (29) gaming (15) garden (24) Geocaching (1) Glass (25) Harry Potter (18) Holiday (42) hula hooping (2) jewellery (58) knitting (76) Meme (3) nature (14) needle felting (10) new year (5) Painting (19) papercrafts (18) Pets (33) photography (37) ravelry (15) reconstructed (14) resin (2) school (22) sewing (75) shop (4) soaps (8) Spinning (8) stamping (2) stencilling (1) swaps (68) tattoos (1) TESOL (23) tutorial (4) Walks (15) weather (23) wire (1) yoga (6)